We have been in practice with Women’s Health Specialists for almost 28 years. It has been our privilege to care for you throughout this time as our practice has grown. As we look forward to the next chapter of WHS and our medical careers, there are a few changes happening in our practice as of August 1, 2022, that we want to share with you.
- Dr. Albert Steren will be relocating his surgical and gynecologic oncology practice to Maryland Oncology Hematology (MOH) which will allow him to be part of a national group of cancer providers. His physician assistant, Nadine Thompson, will also be relocating there. Dr. Steren will be seeing patients at the Aquilino Cancer Center, 9905 Medical Center Drive, Rockville, MD 20850. (Phone: 240-238-3552 Fax: 832-348-5387) MarylandOncology.com
- If you have an appointment with Dr. Steren at MOH before October 15, please ask them to request your records. After October 15, your records will have been automatically transferred to Maryland Oncology.
- If you are due for a follow-up visit after July 18th, please call their office after June 6th to schedule your appointment.
- Dr. James Barter has already relocated to MOH and is seeing his patients at 11886 Healing Way, #701, Silver Spring, MD 20904. (Phone: 301-933-3216 Fax: 832-601-6868)
- Dr. Diane Snyder will be limiting her practice to two full office days and one half-day of telehealth each week. She will be focusing the majority of her practice on females under the age of 25 and expanding afternoon hours both for in-person and telehealth visits. She has training and certification in caring for pediatric and adolescent patients and looks forward to being able to devote more time to this age group. Dr. Snyder will be available for her existing patients (of any age) for problem visits as well as telehealth consultations as well as new patients of any age referred by their Physicians for problem-focused visits.
- If you have a scheduled appointment after August 1, 2022, we will be contacting you to re-schedule your visit with one of our other 4 gynecology providers. You can see information about our other providers here.
- We have added a wonderful service for urinary and/or fecal incontinence and pelvic floor prolapse called pelvic floor muscle training. Our pelvic floor nurse (and one of our GYN providers) Gina Kruml is available and the series of visits are covered by health insurance. Please speak to your provider about referring you for evaluation.
- We will be closing our Germantown location as of August 1, 2022, and seeing all patients in our Rockville location. Please discuss with your provider how this may affect you and how we can continue to provide your care. If you have a scheduled appointment at our Germantown location, we will contact you to reschedule your appointment to our Rockville location.
Albert Steren, MD
Diane Snyder, MD